Thread: G200 vs. CL300
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
QuietSpike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Not on this message board.

Originally Posted by dualrated19 View Post
I flew the G200 once and I worked at a department that had them... they have really high ref speeds, they have boots instead of heated edges and eat up a lot of runway in a contaminated situation. If I had the choice of boots or heated leading edges over in Russia I'd probably shy away from the boots. It definitely didn't have the dispatch reliability of the standard Gulfstreams. Again, I'm not typed... the avionics were nice but it wasn't my favorite aircraft.

LoL... What?

Having heated edges over boots is pure ego.

First, you *rarely* need the boots... and second, they rob 100% of ZERO engine power! So while most lose a significant percentage of thrust in the climb, the G200 keeps rocketing upwards with no thrust loss.

The cabin is larger on the G200. The cargo is larger on the G200. The range is longer on the G200. The cruise speeds are the same. The avionics are very comparable. The direct operating costs are comparable... and the G200 right now would be much cheaper to buy with the G250 coming out than the CL300. Not to mention, the product support with Gulfstream is light years ahead of Bomardier.

Having said all of that... If given the choice, I, too, would choose the CL300. It is a better pilot's airplane, it looks better (pure ego/preference)... it is, in my opinion, a more "capable" airplane. However, I feel when the G250 is delivered, the CL300 will be obsolete.