View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 05:25 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

HeRnAnE:

Gotta agree with USMCFLYR on NOT getting an aviation degree if you wanna fly for a living. Now, if you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you wanted to enjoy a career in say Arpt Ops, Airfield Maintenance or becoming an aviation mechanic (A&P), then I'd say go ahead and get an aviation degree with an area of concentration towards one of those fields. But if you wanna fly.....major in something other than aviation.

As far as Ari-Ben, and yeah...I still call it Ari-Ben b/c of the significance of the name....is the place that I plan on attending for my training. Now I'm waiting for some things to happen to start my training but that's a horse of a different color. I can tell you this, having lived in the Fort Pierce area for the last 8 months, I see their a/c in the pattern all the time.....morning, noon, and night. I lived about 3 miles SE of the airport and was in the departure/approach path of Rwy 14/32 respectively.

As far as the price goes, IMHO, can't be matched anywhere else. I've vistited the school on occasion and like the environment, the people and their facilities. Like any other flight school, they have their maintenance and other ancillary issues concerning their a/c. All schools do. I'm unable to give you any kind of specifics about Ari-Ben however, there are a couple of guys here on the forum that attended the school and can give you the information that you're seeking.

In the end, the choice is yours and you'll have to decide which school best meets your needs.

atp