View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by cobber View Post
We have an older 604 and are looking to get either a 605 or a Falcon. Just like to hear some opinions on this model of Falcon.
I have a few years flying a 900EX and currently fly another EASy and you will very much like the EASy platform. Its very simple to operate and displays a lot of information in a very clean way.

The 900EX is a extremely reliable and a very easy airplane to fly. It is, however, rather underpowered, especially in icing conditions (IMO) Its a great domestic airplane with the ocasional Europe trip - but its not a world traveler. Its just a bit small and long range puts you at some ridiculous speeds (like.72-.73) The idea of 9+ hrs in a 900 is painful. The galley is small, some only have 1 lav, and theres no rest area.

Will you operate in/out of very short strips? The Falcon produces good numbers but I would hesitate to choose a 900EX in that case. I dislike that it has no real TRs (the noisemaker does not count) We would routinely use a Global or a DA2000 when operating into shorter/contaminated strips. I know the whole drill about TRs not counting for #s etc, but I can tell you which one I felt better in when landing on a slick runway in the winter...

All in all a real solid airplane - just some considerations IMO.

I have no 604/605 experience to relate it to.

Good Luck.