View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
cobber
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Challenger 604

Originally Posted by NowCorporate View Post
I have a few years flying a 900EX and currently fly another EASy and you will very much like the EASy platform - its very simple to operate and displays a lot of information in a very clean way.

The 900EX is a extremely reliable and a very easy airplane to fly. IMO it is, however, rather underpowered, especially in icing conditions. Its a great domestic airplane with the ocasional Europe trip - but its not a world traveler.

Will you operate in/out of very short strips? The Falcon produces good numbers but I would hesitate to choose a 900EX in that case. I dislike that it has no real TRs (the noisemaker does not count) We would routinely use a Global or a DA2000 when operating into shorter/contaminated strips. I know the whole drill about TRs not counting for #s etc but I can tell you which one I felt better in...

All in all a real solid airplane - just some considerations IMO.

Good Luck.

The short strips are not really something that we run into much - Its pretty rare for us to go anywhere less than 5k. Just going over some of the published comparison numbers it appears to have slightly better performance than the Challenger. I hear you about the reversers though - it nice to know you have them...

What is the cabin at at FL430?
Is it tricky to land with the straight leg mains?
Hourly burn at a normal cruise speed?
FADEC engines?
Any whacky issues or quirks with the 900s'?

We do international a half a dozen time a year so not enough to justify the heavy iron. wW are trying to stick to a/c that have around the same range (3800-4000ish) we currently have which seems to work fine for us.