View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
NowCorporate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by cobber View Post
What is the cabin at at FL430?
Is it tricky to land with the straight leg mains?
Hourly burn at a normal cruise speed?
FADEC engines?
Any whacky issues or quirks with the 900s'?

- You wont be at FL430 much. Its just makes no sense to go there in it. I forget the 900 but the current EASy I fly is just below 4000ft at FL410. Im sure its similar. 900's run at FL370-FL410 for the most part. Anything else is wasting gas or doing some bizarre 10hr Mach .72 Dassault profile flight.

- One of the easiest jet airplanes you will ever land. Its fine in heavy xwinds, has low refs, but kinda weak, grabby brakes and, as discussed, the TR is worthless...

- No clue on hourly burn, sorry. It sips gas. What Falcon makes up for with under-powering they make up for in fuel burns. Kinda makes sense I guess, lol. Falcons put out great budget numbers. We run ours for about 35% less than we would run a G550/Global and can still get about 6000nm out of it. (more than enough for us) If budget is no concern go with the power of other OEMs (IMO)

- FADEC and Autothrottle. Not used for T/O or Landing. No auto-retard.

- Nothing wacky at all, its a very solid, simple, reliaable airplane. You can go from opening the door to rolling off the ramp in about 5 minutes. Its just that 731s are made to power learjets and be APUs - not be powerplants on real airplanes..

Last edited by NowCorporate; 12-07-2010 at 02:36 PM.