View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Ziggy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

Originally Posted by Ski Patrol View Post
Don't waste your time with AMF I almost made the same mistake. AMF tells newhires about the .05% pilots that make it to #### airline without going thru a regional. These pilots are a statistical anomaly who either knew the CEO or got in at a time when things were much less competitive. If you don't have the hours for a regional then AMF is a great time and experience builder. Otherwise apply for the regional you will be better off. Just my 2 cents
Actually, since we only hire Captains (hired FO's only in the 7 Brasilia's) FAA mandates that applicants have 1200 total FLIGHT time. This is far below the regionals requirements of 600 TT. So I don't know how you would go about building time at AMF for a regional.
Most of the guy's in my base are leaving for Netjets, a couple system-wide for SWA, others for corporate gigs. These guy's have been with AMF for 2+ years and have paid their dues just like the regional guy's have.
I have talked with other freightdogs and HR people alike and they have no reservations on recomending us for employment at the career companies.

The aircraft we operate may not be pretty, but are mechanically sound. Have never been asked to do something illegal, or even questionable. Never been told to fly when sick, and never had a problem getting days off. The schedule I fly, which is early morning and late evening is kind of hard because I have a family.
Pay is better than 1st and 2nd year rates at most regionals.