View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Past V1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Home with my family playing with my daughter as much as possible
Default First Class Medical Question

Hey Guys,
I have a issue that I am dealing with and hope you can help. Currently I'm out of flying due to a OJI. I have not flown for a couple months plus I'm not getting any better. I have been suggested by my doctor to have a steroid injection to get through some of the pain...but he is not sure that it will last. My case manager thinks maybe that I should get the steroid...but they don't seem to understand the aviation field. I'm thinking if I get the steroid and go fly...start hurting again and bend metal...there goes my liscense and my company will do nothing to fight for me. They also suggested that I go talk to an AME and see what they think about me passing a medical exam. I'm scared if I go...that exam will go on my record and I will have a denial of medical and have to work that much harder every year. I know I can't pass...I have to use a cane to walk around. Should I stick my guns and know from my training that I must be 100% to operate an aircraft safely? If feel I'm right...but I would like to hear it from other pilots like myself...

Also...is a steroid a legal drug that we can take and operate under 121? The steroid is an injection, not oral...I don't know if that matters. Thanks in advance everyone...