View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:48 PM
debbkeller
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Yes, I did delete my post....

I was venting regarding the new schedule, and my Husband asked me to delete it after we talked. But why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said that he was "under pressure to fly broken airplanes". I said that he is down with a broken airplane.... Big difference. As you know, when you live near a maintenance base, you babysit broken airplanes all the time. And yes, I worry when a plane came out of maintenance at any company he worked at. I worry, that's what I'm supposed to do. Our friends that fly at American and Netjets are the same.... "Yeah, here in Tulsa (AA) or Columbus (Netjet) with a broken plane. So yes, his planes brake too, but I never said that he was forced to fly them.

I'm not an idiot. If Avantair were that awful kind of place to work, then why would I jeopardize my Husband's job by making a post that admitted he did wrong or they did wrong? I most certainly wouldn't jeopardize the job he loves.. And you as a fellow pilot should know that changing those words could get him in trouble for saying something that wasn't true. Why would you do that?

Yes, he is working hard and yes he has some very long (but legal) days, but he has never hesitated to call in tired when he had to at any company, incl. Avantair. And yes, we are frustrated with the new schedule..

But that's not the whole story:

Twice when we had a sickness in the family, Avantair went out of its way to be kind to us. They gave him more time than he asked for to take care of us. Later, they rented a car for him to get home to see my Dad in Hospice. His Chief Pilot and Director of OPS made these calls, and we were grateful. At Christmas, we received a surprise gift from Avantair because they knew what a terrible year. My husband thought that it was manuals, but turned out to be age appropriate toys for our children. This is a very different company than the one you describe.

You seem to want to key on to the negative posts about Avantair (incl. parts of mine), but why all the hate? Certainly you knew and still know people that work there.. Do you want them to fail? Everyone there thought you were disgruntled because of the delayed upgrade time, but you say that you a legitimate grievance against them. I won't try to tell you what to do, but did you try telling the top people that you didn't get your final paycheck? If not, why not try even however long it was ago... If they don't give you the answer you want, then well.. You can continue hating them.

Why not reach out to your friends there and support them? Continuously posting bad stuff about Avantair might make you feel better, but you are really hurting your friends and fellow pilots. Is that what you want? I don't think so, or at least hope not. You could even take delight in the failure of the individuals who you feel slighted you, but why go after the entire company?

So, thank you if you are truly concerned, but please don't place words in my mouth. We picked this company as a family and are glad that we did. He had a chance to go to bigger companies, flying bigger planes, but picked here. He loves his job and wants to make this his last aviation job. Yes, mainly for the seven and seven schedule. Yes, I vented and Yes I am disappointed with him being way more, very disappointed because it is so hard to plan our lives. But not enough to give up...

Please, if you have any friends left there at all, or even just as fellow pilots, can you just be mad at the few that hurt you and not the entire company?

Thank you