View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 03:28 AM
UCLAbruins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: F/O- G-V/550

Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneIt View Post
PS: You seem like a very articulate and caring person. You probably know that the ONLY way you and your kids will have a 7-7 schedule again is through a union contract. Do you still support unionization at Avantair?
I'm afraid you're correct, I usually stay away from union talk, but:

Flexjet and Citation Shares have 7-7 schedules, they also have good salaries and great QOL, all of that without the support of a union... But their managements needed to keep up with the Netjets' contract inorder to keep their employees from organizing, they also needed to show their owners their employees were well compensated, plus I'm sure they didn't want to loose any talent to the competition either. So they matched (or pretty close) the NJA contract.

Avantair is a whole different animal, they don't fly equipment similar to the larger fracs, they're in the red, plus the economic environment of today has changed....its gonna be hard to imrpove things there without a union.

But you don't want to cripple the company either, I'm sure Avantair is in no position to dish out pork