View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by jayray2 View Post
Reading all the propaganda from all the 9E pilots on here you would think the world revolves around you guys. I'll agree with you that the XJ and Colgan MECs might have been better off keeping silent but common sense would dictate that when 3 parties vote and two vote not to picket that the simple majority would win. What kind of system are we running here if a majority vote loses? Going out rogue against the majority showed which pilot group is choosing to break the unity of the three pilot groups. You can spin it anyway you want but your pilot group is going against the majority. And I'll take the silence of ALPA National for the time being as a sign that they are not supporting the informational picketing.
You do realize that this is the first time in the history of ALPA that ALPA airlines told their pilots NOT to support another ALPA carrier? FedEx didn't have a problem supporting us. Thought I might have seen an ASA guy a time or two, but I didn't have a chance to look closer. Given the fact that ALPA's bureaucracy is notoriously slow, I'm not surprised a picketing event announced on Monday for 4 days later didn't make it onto any official statements. If National starts frowning on individual MEC picketing events, they're gonna lose more than just US Airways. IMO, saying that National is against it is grasping at straws.