Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Pinchanickled
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: CRJ - Hell Hole

Originally Posted by mooney View Post
it is a very small percentage getting that. maybe 10 guys if that I'm guessing. But yes that is a bit excessive...

to play devils advocate and watch the arguments, is it stealing when someone who has been here 2 years and is going to get a hypothetical $2000 wants to take $3000 of the guy's money who has been here 5 years and was going to get 8K but is now only gets 5K because the 2 year guy thinks he deserves as much? who has lost out on more lost wages/bennies over that time period?

Hope you made alot of popcorn Mooney!!!

It is infact just 10 guys who are the problem. However only 7 members of the NMSFC have signed up for a lawyer.

130 credit hours @ $82 = $10,660/month X 12 months = $127,920/year
150 credit hours @ $82 = $12,300/month X 12 months = $147,600/year

These 10 members of the NMSFC are ALL rejects from the major airlines. Either they failed out of college or they flunked the interviews at the majors. So, by default, they have found themselves at the top of the seniority list, at a regional airline. They are bitter to no end as they watch countless pilots come in below them on the seniority list, and then move on to fly wide body jets to far off destinations making the big bucks and living out every pilots dream. Now, people just call in sick to avoid working with them if they get them assigned for a PC or line check..........to the point where they came up with a policy now that says if you call in sick for one of these tools, then you are required to be rescheduled with the exact same check airmen.

I have no sympathy for the NMSFC members who are getting less money on a signing bonus when their salaries have been FAR above their peers.

I do have sympathy on the first officers who have families to support on a $25,000/year salary and think they should be rewarded greatly after ALPA sued PNCL management for trying to give us a raise a few years ago. The FO's toughed it out, and then get dumped on.

These 7 guys are losers who have made their regrets and problems, everyone elses problem.....and definently don't "deserve" more than others who have been living a tough life as an FO for the past few years.