View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 PM
mastercraft
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
So when you ask a rethorical question about whether the judge will consider the newly minted AAI contract, I'm affraid you're dreaming about the answer. The judge will ABSOLUTELY consider the AAI contract, a) because it's a contract and b) because the merger was fully factored in when it was signed. You think AAI negotiated a new contract without some sort of coordination with LUV?
While I do truly appreciate your sound and unbiased reasoning, I still disagree.

Yes I KNOW AAI negotiated the new contract with some sort of coordination with LUV, as I stated previously.

As far as the judge is concerned, the contract that was in force on Sept 27 was a contract too!

You seem to see it as coincidence that a group that voted 98% in favor of strike after 5+ years of mediation, fighting against one of the indutry's most aggressive and oppresive managements, suddenly made friends with their management two weeks after the acquisition was announced and got a TA.

Reality check- without this announcement, the AT pilots would still be in mediation (though probably on ice until after the new year) and would still be wishing SWA would come to save them...even if that meant a staple!