Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 AM
mooney
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CL-65 captain

Originally Posted by Pinchanickled View Post
I seriously doubt that they have a case against ALPA.

Interestingly, ALPA would have a BETTER case against all these "7 Check Airmen" who went out and busted pilots on line checks that were vocal against the contract within a week after the TA failed. Remember, there were over 50 pilots that failed line checks who had never failed a training event in their career. They went after the vocal ones. This is clear and obvious evidence that the Fantastic 7 Check Airmen were outrageously mad when they did not receive their signing bonus or their jelly of the month club membership (didn't get either of 'em).

There's a stronger case for ALPA to go after these check airmen goons who deliberately and un-reasonably failed people who voted NO. Especially now that they have made it public that they are outraged they didn't get their bonus.

So which Check Airmen is leading the lawsuit?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it wasn't the vocal people voting "no" to TA1 causing a failed line check/checkride. It was due to the timing of the zero tolerance policy due to the fallout of the Colgan crash. Lets face it our sterile cockpit/checklist usage aint the best in the Navy......kind of like when you hear from some guy that he busted his PC because his instructor was a nazi and busted him for not making one altitude callout, but you learn from his sim partner that he turned the screen red on 3 V1 cuts and busted mins on an approach and the altitude callout was just the final straw.

when a memo/cheat sheet comes out in everyones vfile and says "we are conducting line checks and there are 4 will-fail items" , and lists what they are (basic CRM/airmanship/sterile/IFR issues, no surprise easter eggs) you better pay attention. Most of these individuals did not heed that warning. I saw just as many yes people busted as no people busted. If you want more you can PM me I'm not gonna get into more details in public.