View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Ziggy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

Originally Posted by Ski Patrol View Post
Ziggy a couple of clarifications. #1 You don't need 1200TT to fly 135 VFR, I know I've flown both 135 VFR & IFR. #2 a couple of guys sys wide at southwest, congrats to them but once again a statistical anomaly. #3 Most regional pay goes something like this 25K 35K 60K give or take. Not trying to start something here, I loved the 135 flying I did but it was going to take me nowhere in my career aspirations. If you make it to the big leagues without the regional stint my hats off to you. I respect the single pilot 135 guys who get it done day after day.
The subject of this thread is AMF, not other 135 operators. 1. AMF does not hire VFR pilots, only IFR so the 1200 time applies. 2. I personally only know a couple who went to SWA, does not mean there aren't others. 3. Only a few regional carriers pay first year of 25K, most don't. If they paid first year at 35K, then I would be there. Please don't factor in per-diem, that's not pay. It is re-embursement for meal expenses.
Point of fact, your don't see me coming into your house and taking a dump. So why are you doing it in mine?