View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 AM
7Xdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Captian, G450, G550 (Ret.)

Flight,

In his first post, dlb4a asked for help coming up with ways to build time. With a few exceptions, this was met with a string of negative comments and assumptions of untruths. If I was him, I would be pretty frustrated right now. How about we give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not a liar and that soon he is going to be a CFI, OK?

dlb4a

My first suggestion is to disregard any advice that infers you will never get hired, or you are not worthy or experienced enough. If I listened to that crap I would have never made it up the next rung in the ladder. For what it is worth, I earned my CFI at 250hrs (not much more than you have) and did just fine teaching students.

I would also suggest that you are going in the right direction. Getting a CFI job will build time while you are getting paid while you hone your interpersonal skills. Not only did I learn to deal with a wide variety of people, but by watching their mistakes, (the same ones I made) I learned to understand myself better too!

Once you are comfortable in your CFI role, add the CFII and the CFI-ME. This is not only good for your experience, but it will make you more attractive to employers.

If you can get hired at an FBO that also has a multi-engine aircraft charter department, it opens up more opportunities for advancement.

I think you see where I am going with this. It really depends on your attitude. If you want to be successful and you are willing to work hard at it, you will be.

Good luck on the CFI checkride!

Kevin