View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 AM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Default Fdx - hkg fda loa

After refreshing and re-reading the FDA LOA, I had some questions you guys might be able to answer.

1) A.1. States that if awarded an FDA, the 18 months bidding restriction will be waived.
What is that refering to?

2) Existing CBA Option vs. Enhanced Option?
Why would anyone take the Existing CBA Option over the Enhanced Option and miss out on the seed money, and monthly rent allowance?

3) Furthter changes to LOA.
I remember reading here that there were some additional items added to the FDA LOA, after the original was voted in. I have tried looking for the FDX CBA on this website, but it's apparenlty not there. Does anyone remember the items added to the LOA?

4) Commitment period, 2 years.
It says that if a pilot fails to complete the 2 year commitment.... how would that happen?

5) Finally, after the 2 year commitment is over, I want to make sure I understand this:
One will have to wait for a bid, to be senior enough to hold a position, and to be awarded a class date/new domicile to return to CONUS? This could potentially make the 2 year commitment a 3 or 4 year commitment for junior FO's?

I appreciate the help we always get here on this forum. I know these might be old questions and lots of them, but was unable to 'easily' find the answers while reviewing the previous threads. Trying to be well informed, for all of us in the pool. Thanks.