View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Fly Boy Knight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: PT Inbound

I find it funny how the successful people who are able to strike it rich in this country are forced to pay more money in taxes than the people who are incapable of making as much money as them.

The funnier part of that is that it seems to me that the only people who want taxes to be imposed more steeply on the rich than the not so rich are the people who are... not so rich!

So, in essence, because the entrepreneurs of our country are able to make money in the free market, the people who are unable to make money in the same free market want the more successful people to essentially "bail out" (to use a phrase that our current president used) the not so successful people at their own expense.

So, basically what these people are really saying is, "Since I suck, I have a moral right to take earnings from the non-sucky people."

Now, since income tax evasion is illegal, the government (ie the people) are literally TAKING/STEALING/ROBBING/LOOTING the profits made by the few successful in our country and placing it in the hands of those who apparently are "morally entitled" to it but have no ability to make that money for themselves.

Funny, my mom always said to me not to take things that didn't belong to me

See, this is why I like airplanes. No matter who you are or how entitled you think you are to the enjoyment of aviation, airplane's will always always always punish a pilot's lack of ability (dearly in most cases).