View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 02:58 PM
speed550
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Wink

I'm not a pilot, but I will say that all career paths have their cons.

Remember, that only 50% of students will graduate from college, the other 50% drop out and change majors. Of the few that graduate, only a fraction will work in their course of study. Most people get jobs simply for having a college degree. I know computer science majors that sell cars, and I also know physical therapy majors that fix cell phones.

When I started college, I started off as a Liberal Arts major, then Business Administration, then finally Civil Engineering. I recently graduated with my bachelor’s degree, and I’m almost 30 years old!!!

I don’t think a career in aviation is that bad. In construction and civil engineering discrimination and sexism is rampant. When I worked at the DOT, I heard the “N” word about 40 times a day!!! An entry level position can pay as little as $12 an hour. Not to mention that you have to use your own car (sometimes off road) on a daily basis.

And, AND, an Engineer’s License is only valid in the state it was issued. So if I got an Engineer’s License in New York, I can’t stamp anything from PA or CT??!?!? Pilot’s Licenses are national!

So if you look at the big picture a pilot career isn’t that bad.

P.S., hot girls love pilots!