View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by 7Xdriver View Post
Well, there is a lot of things wrong with this post and I have to wonder why it is part of this particular thead. Suffice it to say that a patent has been granted and the patent holder has challenged those who they think infringe on its patent.

It is unfortuneate to see FlightPrep testing the waters on those (Runwayfinder) who are small and can ill afford it, but it is not surprising. It will be more intersting when it is tested with larger entities.

AOPA and Jeppesen have so far snubbed Flightprep stating that they do not believe they have infringed on their patent. I think we should all see how things play out. If Flightprep has not earned the right, it will play out in court. Until such time, I think those with cooler heads have to see how this plays out.

Kevin
Their original patent was applied for AFTER runwayfinder was stood up, then they back dated it to make it look like they beat runwayfinder and skyvector to the web. Either way runwayfinder was up and operational before both of those dates. Read the patent application, it's rife with BS and back pedaling. Bottom line, the can eat a big meat log.

http://blog.runwayfinder.com/2010/12...going-offline/