View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
rjboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ CA

Originally Posted by duvie View Post
I don't know if owe is the right word mate. CALPA doesn't owe SKW pilots anything, but that being said, I hope they wouldn't expect you to put your 5+ years of seniority on the line for an action that certainly isn't scabbing. This latest tactic certainly doesn't comply with the spirit of the contract, but with the merger going through there are a lot of issues that need to be sorted out. Unless "United" starts actively acquiring new 70 seat airplanes and retiring 50 seaters in their favor I don't think this poses a real threat to the scope that will be negotiated.

There is no doubt that this tactic by the new United management is underhanded, but luckily CALPA has bottle-necked further 70 seat flying in their hubs. Furthermore, even though some 70 seat flying exists now, this is much better than a free-for-all expansion that couldn't happened which would've been harder to reverse.

Bottomline, you're not scabbing. At this point, the predatory regional managements out there are constantly ****ing off mainline pilots, but most understand that we're pawns in this game and until somebody strikes or officially denounces certain actions, you keep putting food on your family's table. I mean, most regional pilots didn't loose much sleep when the expansion of 70 seaters came at the cost of the United 737 fleet, et al, so why make a show of getting worried now?
Because UAL pilots gave up that 70 seat scope. They made a bad decision but no one went around their scope to fly those jets.