Thread: Allegiant Air?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM
moucon
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Default More Maintenance Issues? Allegiant Air?

Hello
I'm new to this forum - I was searching on "Allegiant Air Safety" and found the Jack2007 thread.

I fly all the time on business - not so much lately but in 2006 I spent over 150 nights on the road, mostly short trips, and often with the feeder airlines like Pinnacle -and I'm still alive. So I'm not a nervous flyer.

But the reason I was even checking Allegiant's record was that there are numerous reports of fires in the planes, runway issues where tires are blowing or brakes failing etc.etc. I'm scheduled to fly from ELM to Orlando Sanford next Monday - it was just on the news that yet another flight to Ft. Lauderdale had to be grounded because of brake/tire issues and could not return to Elmira.

So let's get serious here about this issue - this is obviously a low-cost operation doing what they do for the price they do it for. You don't hear about problems like this with major carriers at the rate I'm hearing about them with Allegiant. Isn't it at least possible that maybe their planes are suffering from less maintenance than they should be having ? I mean for an airline that only flies twice a week from ELM they seem to have a lot of issues. Fires on the runway are not a good sign. Pilots - want to chime in?