Thread: ALPA Dues...???
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Bitme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: A300 Captain

Originally Posted by 42GO View Post
WAIT......are you really telling ME AND all the crew members at FEDEX that the UNION can't EXPLAIN the contract to its members in plain english....

Tell me it ain't so....thats the defense of the company telling us they can't discuss accidents at fedex but telling ALL about every other accident in the world.....isn't that called "COVER YOUR ASS".
Bull $#!+. People here need to remember the history. If you'll remember after the dictation in 98 a misguided, but well intentioned Union volunteer wrote "The plain language interpretation" of our contract. That document has caused so much extra work and heart burn in arbitrations that it is incomprehensible. (A waste of your dues dollars by the way.) Management would love for such a document to surface again to drag out arbitrations to their benefit.

The document speaks for itself. Personally, I'm still trying to make heads or tails out of the penalty and grid section, but I'll interpret the way I think and grieve it if I feel necessary, then the precedent will be set by the arbitrator rather than some numb nuts who thinks he knows what he's talking about. That's what the Union's talking about. I know dat's right