View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by dbrault17 View Post
What if the guy who pays the most for beer, drinks the most beer? In your example you assuming each man benifits the same amount. In reality the higher earners are the ones using more of the system.

In 26 years of my life I have used the court system one time which took a total of 15 minutes. Any boss I have had used it several times a year including multi year litigations.

I rely on the public transporation system generally for my own personal needs only. A higher earner or business may need that same system a thousand fold for customers, venders, employees, etc.

If China invades us tomarrow all I have to lose is pretty much what can fit into my car. A higher earner has much more to lose in real estate, businesses, material wealth, status, power etc.

Pursing a higher income is a choice and it cost money to establish and maintain an enviroment where an individual can obtain that higher income. The more money you make the more responsible you become to that system.
If you want to use the court system more, just hire a law firm-that is not free in case you have not noticed.

You are just like Bill Gates in that both of you can only ride one bus at a time.

The defense of your life and security is the same for all, unless you happen to think some lives are more valuable than others.

The other side of the coin is that you want one half of the group to be responsible, but have no problem letting half the group be completly irresponsible by paying nothing at all.

In a flat tax system, everyone would pay the same rate, higher earners would still pay the bulk of taxes, but it would allow everyone to pay their fair share.
The bottom line is that higher earners will always contribute more to the services you receive and to the economy, in fact just half of American taxpayers provide about 97% of what we all equally enjoy.
Thank one today.
Feel free to buck up and pay your fair share anytime.

Last edited by jungle; 01-07-2011 at 12:35 PM.