Old 01-08-2011, 03:14 PM
On Autopilot
West Coast livin

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by DENpilot View Post
Long story short, I was involved in an aircraft incident the other night. I was the sole occupant of the aircraft. It was purely mechanical failure of the aircraft. I was EXTREMELY lucky and it was a miracle I did not crash. I landed the airplane on the runway with no damage to the airplane or injury to myself.

However, due to the severity of the failure, the FAA and NTSB have launched an investigation and the NTSB plans to do an incident report.

I have heard somewhere on here, that airlines like AE, automatically disqualify your airlineapps app if you check that you have been involved in an aircraft accident, incident, or investigation. I want to be honest, but I don't want my app overlooked for something that I couldn't avoid. I feel that that specific question is directed towards pilots that were negligent in some way. If anything, my experience and training saved my butt and I would think a situation like this would actually HELP me get hired somewhere.

Can anyone shed some light on this or offer advice?
First off, were you naked??? Why do I ask? No reason, but from what you describe, if it's the a/c failure and no actions on your part that contributed to it, most places understand that. You should be golden. If eagle takes a pass on you hey, they are not the only place hiring right now. All the best!