View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 AM
globalexpress
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by Cargo Man View Post
Apparently, no one wants to admit to making a killing, or losing a fortune because of this news letter.
I did my own research .This outfit seems slightly controversial. People love him or despise him.

Decided not to subscribe for now. Thanks for your thoughts
You probably didn't get a response because there are a bazillion newsletters out there and no one has heard of yours. They come and they go. Some are successful, particularly whenever method they espouse is coincidentally in favor.

For example, I am sure somewhere out there that there are newsletters that promote investment in gold. I am sure that they have likely done quite well over the past several years as gold has been "hot." How would it have been possible to predict 10 years ago the circumstances that have led to high gold prices today? It wasn't possible, although the few that made big bets in gold will tell you that they knew "all along." If gold corrects, however, you won't hear a peep from those same people that will likely lose their shirts.

The moral of the story is that it is impossible to predict who will be successful in the future, whether it is a newsletter writer or a broker or Jim Cramer. You may as well put all the newsletters in a big bucket, close your eyes, reach in, and pick one at random. Or, throw a match in and come up with a real plan that is appropriate for your financial goals and your tolerance for risk.