View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by 42GO View Post

Man,

Some of you guys must not be gettin enough.....

All I have done is ask a few simple questions...

"The Association and the Company worked together to produce this Question and Answer Guide. It is not intended to be a substitute or replacement for our initial collective bargaining agreement--that document remains the primary source of authority for contract rules, and everyone who is bound by that agreement has a responsibility to know and understand its contents."

Here we have the language that is used by BOTH the company and the Union when they put together the Question and Answer Guide in the Contract section of the company web site.....so it isn't like they CAN"T create areas to EDUCATE the crew force on the NEW contract as well as they did with the old contract.

AND TONY,
Your really almost out of control!

You've quoted the Fedex Pilots Association. The FPA served a purpose, almost like a "training" union to help transform this pilot group from a group of union haters to a cohesive, unified pilot group that realizes the neccessity of collective bargaining. Don't expect ALPA to do everything that FPA did. As has been stated numerous times before, on this thread and others, it is your personal responsibility to read your contract, and know it. Seeing as you're a special case and I'm a patient and generous man, I've offered to help hold your hand. Stop whining about ALPA.

Oh, and if you think I'm almost out of control, why don't you print out my posts and give them to your wife, and have her carry them to my Assistant Chief Pilot. He should be concerned about my mental state, don't you think? Better yet, why don't you carry them in yourself? He may have a few questions for you.