View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Lori Clark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Aviation Consultant

Originally Posted by rickt86 View Post
Hey Lori,

I posted this somewhere else, but got no answer, I wanted to ask you.

What about people who got arrested as a minor, like when 13 or whatever, do they need to report it during an interview. He said it was a misdemeanor. This is not me, but I did work with someone who was and he said it was sealed but I always wondered what would happen with him. I know he lived in NJ his whole life, and I am 99% sure it was over 10 years ago. I am curious what will happen with him, he was one heck of a character.

thanks
Typically court records of juvenals are sealed, but that doesn't mean the airline won't see that there is a record. They'll see there is one it just won't specify what exactly the record is about.
Best thing is to read the application very carefully - if it asks "ever" then answer it honestly. If it asks "in the past 10 years" then answer that honestly.

It's worse to not disclose something and have it show up in a background check. Then they have cause to terminate for lying on the application. I've seen someone terminated for something that was 20+ years old because he didn't disclose it. Had this person disclosed it would have been no big deal - but because he didn't his application was not truthful.