View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by shoelu View Post
Respectfully, that sure does not sound like it agrees with the arbitrators decision in the Chautauqua-Shuttle America decision as listed in the beginning of this thread. These are his words concerning career expectations:

"This Arbitrator agrees that the "reasonable" career expectations of the two pilot groups is the benchmark for determining what is fair and equitable in this case."

"On this basis alone, the integration of Shuttle America Pilots into the Chautauqua operation has substantially increased career expectation for the Shuttle America Pilots, far beyond what they could have reasonably expected when they "signed on" as pilots for Shuttle America."
shoelu,

I understand what you are saying. I've been a part of the career expectations debate, too. I also, know what you think that arbitrator was saying. But, I think if you apply it to what SWA and and Tran is about to go through, you have to look forward to the end game. The end game is when everything is presented and both sides "rest their case," the arbitrator is going to probably apply both sides "career expectations" to seat, category and class of airplane -- where you are, where you expect to be, and when you expect to get there. Air Trans increased pay will be part of the equation, but I think it will be a very small part. (The variety of flying they bring to the table may even offset that.)

If the arbitrator called a pilot from each airline, asked him or her where they would expect to be at the end of their career, I believe they both would tell him "a B-737 captain."

If he then asked them how relative seniority hurt that, what would they say? What would you say?

Respectfully,

New K