View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
zondaracer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: I pilot

Originally Posted by slcaviator View Post
I know they are out of KTUS not glendale, I did my CFII at Sonoran.
I wasnīt trying to insult you. I realized that a previous poster said he checked out Sonoran Wings and I edited my post, but I forgot to take that line out.

If he doesn't show his "grouchy" side to customers then how would I know he is grouchy? Afterall I wouldn't be able to say anything if I wasn't a customer.
J. never showed his grouchy side to me and always treated me with courtesy. I heard through my isntructor that he was a bit grouchy. Sorry that your experience wasnīt the same as mine. I didnīt accuse you of not being a customer. I was only sharing my personal experience with Sonoran Wings and I never had any problems and I never saw him treating other students the same way. I did hear complaints from some of the instructors about their treatment from the owner. Maybe since you were a CFI-I student, he viewed you as a potential employee.

Have you ever ran a business? Using an excuse like that will get you know where. You cant treat a customer with disrespect just because you have a military background. I will agree with you though he only wants his flight school to be the best there is and he should since it's his school. Still no excuse to not be a professional.
Yes, I own my own business currently with my wife. Like I said, J. never treated me with any disrespect, ever. I never saw him treat any other customers with disrespect. I have a military background and I always treat everyone with respect. He always acted professional around me. Like I said, I am sorry that your experience was different. This in no way was a personal attack against you. I am only sharing my point of view since I actually had a positive experience at Sonoran Wings. Living in Tucson, there were only two flying schools to choose from at KTUS, and I didnīt want to drive out to Ryan, Marana, or Benson, and I felt that Sonoran Wings was the best option anyway. Yes, J. wants his business to be the best like anyone else, and I agree that he may not go about the best way of achieving that in some aspects, but from a PPL through CPL point of view, it is a good place to fly. (FWIW to anyone else reading, do your ME elsewhere, the Baron is quite expensive)

By the way, I just visited the Sonoran Wings website, and their Chief Instructor is no longer listed on their website.