Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Flaps50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B777 FO FDX, C130 ANG
Default What's with the Hostilities...?

Originally Posted by Skimmology View Post
And that is why you bid it?, (THE FLASH IN THE PAN THING), not... Family of four in less than 1000 square feet, real comfortable, once again NOT! Oh yeah and you bid it. Come on in the waters fine, right.

If you aren't there don't sell it.

FedEx is a great job. But don't sell this FDA BS...

BTW, your training does not count as part of the 2 years, you have to activate first. And you still have to be senior enough to bid back. Longer than two years.
If you look at my post I was describing my opinion only as to what I would recommend for a new-hire who is on the outside and trying to get a seniority number. Fortunately for me the decision isn't the same since I'm already here; my decision would be widebody FO MEM/ANC/HGK to which I think is a different set of options than a new hire would have. I went to ANC and commuted there for 4 years (many wouldn't take the job with that commute at the time) 2 years up there went by in the blink of an eye and so will HGK in my opinion. You would have to get used to living in a smaller place than we are used to here in the USA that's a given (probably 1200 sq feet, but they don't waste space in those apartments). Most of the guys that I have talked to that are doing it are fine with it. If you want to chip in another 500-1000 bucks you can live in a pretty nice place with real nice view of the ocean. I am hoping to see a better LOA in the future that would help with the kids school and some additional housing money.

Now with all of that said, the company has set a precedent and allowed guys to bid on postings prior to 2 years and they are being put at the bottom of the training letter until after their 2 year commitment. This is a good thing for anyone who wants to come back after 2 years. They should have the ability to do that if they are at the end of a training letter. That way the 2 years shouldn't turn into 3-4 years if we have a normal bidding future ahead of us.

Thanks,