View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:09 AM
skippy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

they could offer a paycut to the Neg committee and i wouldnt be surprised nor blow a gasket---- i could really care less. it's how negotiations play out in the end that matters--- for now MGMNT has no incentive to get a JCBA - they are making tons of $$ and any extra $$$ the jcba would allow would just go to pay the pilots etc anyway-- SO there is zero incentive to move quickly--- mgmnt , like the old faa strategy of hijacking of DELAY is the norm and to be expected---
However, the clock is ticking and while we could get released, there is zero chance of striking, the PEB would get people together and make it happen in the 11th hour as happens quite a bit. Only when it either costs the company $$ or there is a deadline, do they act.

there are many reasons to delay-- mainly for protections and provisions.. think of it as this: over a thirty year period how many 5 year contracts can you fit in there--- mathematically of course the answer is 6 but mgmnt doesnt like 6--- if they can delay 2-3 years on every contract-- they would only have to negotiate 4!-- not too shabby-- and more $ for them-- not to mention it decreases their exposure for other world issues, like terrorism, state of the industry and trends, spikes in oil etc-- thats one of the reason compensation is always negotiated last--

UAL ALPA and MGMNT will just play the game of delay back and forth until the hourglass is near done and the pace will pick up. Eventually, UAL will need something or some relief etc and basically be forced to negotiate however the leverage i doubt wont be with them.

As long as the pilot group isnt playing checkers while mgmnt plays chess UAl will be fine-- im not worried one bit-- but everyone's economic and emplyment position is different