View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:06 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Selfmade92 View Post
First of all, thank you for the quick respond. Any suggetions from anyone which school to take in NY? And how much should I expect to pay per hour I think it's 165$ per hour should be ok right?

And on lufthansa-pilot.de it says you need the following flight hours:
For the LH Passage: 600 hours flight experience.

Is it 600 hours in an A320/B737 or does a Cessna also count? Because that's not as much as you need here in the US to become a regional Pilot.
European airlines have very low flight hour requirements compared to US airlines. You could get hired at Lufthansa with less hours than you would need for a bottom-feeder regional in the US. But the european training is harder, and those airlines are very, very selective about who they hire. They look at the whole person, and especially your grades in school.

Originally Posted by Selfmade92 View Post
And in overall how much should I expect to pay for all my certificates? Should I expect something like $30,000, or is that too little?
That might be a little low these days. You could get a single-engine commercial and maybe a CFI for that in some parts of the US. But you will also need a CFI-I, and eventually a commercial ME, and an probably an MEI