Old 12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
directbears
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha
First off a King Air 90 does not require a two man crew so I am not and can not be logging SIC time.. thanks for illustrating my point about understanding important regs . .
Wow! You really come across as an arrogant person. From reading some of your other posts, you don't seem to know as much about the aviation industry as you think you do. So let me try to set you straight on a few things, like you “tried” to do so arrogantly with the others in this thread.

I’m guessing that you are flying part 91 so you are correct, you cannot log SIC time (especially if there has been no flight and ground training for that aircraft)

If you are flying part 135, it all depends on the type of 135 you are conducting. I'm not an aviation genius (because I have better things to do with my time than to TOTALLY immerse myself in it), but I do believe it all depends on the type of 135 that you are conducting that stipulates whether it requires a SIC. I believe if it is "scheduled" 135 then you require a SIC, if it is "non-scheduled" or "on-demand" 135 flying it does not require a SIC. I'm sure some of the current 135 guys and gals on this board can enlighten you and me on that.

However, I believe weight has nothing to do with it. A/C weight only matters in regard to needing a type rating for the aircraft, and the type cert for that A/C determines the SIC requirment. However, I believe there might be some exemptions to that, but I could be totally wrong about that. Again, maybe some of our current 135 friends could help YOU and me out here.

With that said, I am logging PIC every other leg; so for the record that is turbine PIC if you're keeping track. Kinda a big deal in this industry, dont worry someday you will find that out.
Someday you will find out as well. PIC turbine is not worth much to the "bigs" if the A/C does not require a type and/or it is not part 121 PIC. That I DO know about, so get a clue genius.

Plus that little turbine PIC dealy I was telling you about.
Again, not really worth much, since it’s in an A/C not requiring a type and is probably part 91 flying. Keep it up though. Just don't get too bummed out when you find out how worthless it is.

** Oh yeah, one last thing, my current company is looking to buy a jet
Now, if you manage to fly that as PIC, it could be worth something since ALL turbojet A/C require a type, but it still does not look as good as part 121 or even part 135 flying.

Have a good one!

Last edited by directbears; 12-19-2005 at 05:23 AM.