View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
JABDIP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: bartender

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
In two earlier posts you were complaining about "lost jobs". And that is what I addressed. We are in agreement. I hate the productivity sits, 30+ layovers. The IT isn't anywhere close to where it needs to be But I have faith in the company. They've paid $2B in debt this year, and put $1B in improvements and upgrading the product, and we're getting profit sharing.

Spent the last two major snowstorms in the north with double layovers (twice) in MSP. I'm well aware of the North's de-icing/anti-icing capability. It took us 1.5 - 2 hours hours to de-ice/anti-ice and that was with the schedule gutted. You're never going to see a thousand flights or more being de-iced/anti-iced in Atlanta. There simply isn't enough money, man power, space, trucks, or de-icing fluid to do that.

As Anderson said this morning, when the big storms come rolling through, it is best to just clear the schedule, reset your planes and people, and try it again the next day. There's no need to kill someone trying to fly in that crap.
I have to agree that it is better to cancel rather than strand people in terminals and on the ramps. A good call and saw on the tube that the folks preferred the cancellations vs coming to the airport.