View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
AirMillennium
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Thank you rickair7777!

Are you able to recommend me a US flight school with JAA programs I could start training under from the very beginning? Not sure how true it is but I have read quite a lot online about "flight schools" that collect the fees of the applicants and then just disappear or change the agreed conditions, many just advise to not pay anything in advance, especially if requested in full. There is sense in this as people like me are not really informed of the procedures, all the hidden costs, etc. and are generally attracted by online offers that at a later stage could prove highly misleading.

Your advice on helicopters was very helpful, good to know competition in this field is quite severe, especially for the ex-military pilots. My present boss has a helicopter pilot licence from the UK, he is not a pilot professionally, he was just interested in getting it and of course had the funds needed. It is mostly about money. The company I work with at present will be opening a subsidiary in the US over the next few months and will be hiring some personnel there. I still don't know where the office will be exactly but as far as my boss told me it would be somewhere in the southern states. I am just thinking if later this year I couldn't be sent for a while to the US both for supervising/working for the company out there and match it with getting my PPL. Actually I think this would be best for me - getting the PPL, IR and night flying as a beginning and estimating my chances on going anywhere further later on.

By the way, are you a pilot yourself?

Last edited by AirMillennium; 01-19-2011 at 12:08 AM.