Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by ryane946 View Post
Nuclear power creates something called nuclear waste. It is not an environmentally friendly method to produce energy. It is unsafe. If you don't believe me, spend at least 2-3 hours researching what really happened at Chernobyl. Read about what they had to do to contain the radioactivity. The USSR basically had to call in their army and expose them to lethal doses of radiation for very short periods of time. They never actually fixed the problem. They just contained it. In fact there was enough nuclear fuel in there to last hundreds of years. The solid led container they build needs to be replaced. And radiation levels outside the plant are still incredibly high. Basically I will never live within 30 miles of a nuclear power plant and I hope none of you guys/gals do either.

Also, remember that the US makes up only 5% of the world's population. What about large countries that do not have a nuclear bomb, but want a solution to their energy problems. Should they be allowed to develop nuclear power plants in the way that Iran and North Korea are??? NO!!!!

If you want a long term, renewable, environmentally friendly, and global solution to our power needs, it is all about electricity and solar power.
Chernobyl has nothing in common with a modern nuclear powerplant. I live close to a Nuke plant and feel they are one of the safest and most thoruoghly tested devices made by man. I have yet to see a solar farm produce even a tiny percentage of an existing nuclear plant.
Perhaps you can tell us where one exists?