View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 PM
IFLY22
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Twin Wasp View Post
B2 says you will plan to use the most suitable runway based on forecast winds and considering landing aids and terrain. I'd read that to say if the runway that is into the wind is too short to meet the 60% but there is another longer runway there and you can stop in 60% of your alternate runway, you can go. Or if there is no approach to a longer runway but there is to a shorter one. There's an Op Spec for it that talks about crew experience and a bunch of other factors.
So essentially anytime you land under 135 you have to be sure that you can land within 60% of the runway correct? I am being told that because of paragraph E, if one can not make the 60 % rule at his or her destination all one would have to do is list an alternate that you could land within 60% percent of the runway. Because of listing the alternate you are now legally able to land at your destination even though you may require every inch of the runway. To me that defeats the point of the 60 percent rule and doesn't make sense. Any other thoughts?