View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by INAV8OR View Post
I have a question about the AE. I have looked through most of the information I was given, but still hazy. I am an MSP 88 B. I am about 50 from the bottom and in a freeze until Jan of 2012. So, after seeing the bid which included 20 surpluses in my catagory. With that said, what is the best way for me to bid. If I bid a VD, that means I take an MD from someone jr to me, Right? If I MD what does that mean. I figure it wont really matter, but just want to make sure how to bid. Thanks.

If you do not want to be on the bottom, you can VD out of your seat. You freeze will go with you if you bid another 88 position. If you VD another position you will also get a freeze, but if you are MDed you will incur no freeze.

I suspect that a lot of pilots will VD out of the MSP88 since the category has not been brought up as many had hope. A lot of pilots are sitting reserve at a percentage that normally would not be considered reserve.

Again if you want out VD out, but be smart about it since it "appears" the next bid will cause even more movement, and you may get bumped without needed to VD. In the end bid what you want, want what you bid. With 12,000+ pilots anything is possible.