View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:13 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
I have to disagree on that one. It has been spoken of repeatedly in the CPO office over the past year but it was more in the "longview", not until at least mid/late 2011.

(A June 2011 bid or an after summer bid fits nicely with their commentary.)

As of late, there were approx. 18-24 daily NYC departures on the M88 and about 53 daily departures on the 320 fleet in NYC.

Base will come the CPO says, its just a matter of when. Its said there is concern with lot of training created from M88 guys living in BOS jumping ship to the 320 to get the layos at home on the shuttle back.

Add to it that the slot swap isn't done, and there will be even more M88 and 320 flying that will influence how to staff bases appropriately.
Not all that great at reading the cards, but I think with this latest AE they look like they are trying to "make room" on the M88 category so that the new hires can directly to that.

I guess when they had newhires going into 73n and 7er, as things started to change there was alot of additional training that went on, bogging down the schoolhouse.

I knew guys that started in the ER, got displaced to the 73n, and then got displaced again to the M88 all the the space of 1-2 years.

That seems like alot of additional training expenses, I'd imagine the big AE that is looming on the horizon will more than likely bring the 320 to other bases, while I could see some of the M88 becoming a little more centralized.

Just a guess...