Banned
Nevets
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2007
  • Position
    EMB 145 CPT
Quote: My previous point is that ASA purposely makes this very concept overwhelmingly difficult and severely restricts your ability to improve your schedule once it is awarded, thus making PBS a much better tool in my opinion. Would you mind telling us about your LIW processes a bit more in depth? I'm sure our open time process was far different than yours so it would be interesting to see what your contract language is in that regard. I would never want to go back to our previous open time system, so if yours is significantly better, I'm all ears.
Ya I think that your idea of the ILIW being the same as open time is what is confusing many. The company publishes lines. The pilots bid. The company awards the lines in seniority order and then drop any trips or portions of trips for transition, far, or vacation conflicts. They will also drop a trip or portion of a trip for training. In other words, they can only train you on days that you originally had a trip and pay protect you for the value of that trip. All these trips and portion of trips are put in the ILIW. The "coverage" is adjusted to +4 for all but 8 days of the month. The window opens for 24 hours for each base and seat for pilot to trade drop pickup to their hearts desire. Even if the company built 100% 4 day trips, there are always trips that are broken up and dropped due to the conflicts. When the window closes the company takes the left overs and figures out how many relife/conversion lines they can build to use up all thats left. They publish phase 2 with the X number of relief lines and reserve lines for the remainder of the pilots. If you are senior enough you get a relief line and get to request their preferences. Kind of like PBS. The remaining pilots are awarded reserve lines. Once those are published, the SLIW opens for any trades drops pickups. Its only in the SLIW where coverage matters. But even then, you can almost always trade trips or reserve days with our BD/WD trade provision.