View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:09 AM
FDXFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: ANC-Based MD-11 FO

This smells fishy because a TA this fast and without a fight is totally surprising and unrealistic. My guess is that MEC wanted a win so badly that they agreed to something small, like the 3% I've read in here earlier. 3% is nothing significant when we were so ripped off in 4A2b so I think we should not be all excited about that. And management must have needed a contract in some limited area in order to move on with their plans. So both sides probably agreed to some financially insignificant TA with the promise of continued discussions.

And the promise of future discussions is problematic. Management always sets in place wording like that to give themselves room to wriggle out of a commitment at some later date. Don't think for one minute that management will agree to future talks that will cost them an undetermined amount of money at some later date! Institutional investors in our company demand details which they can use to estimate their future earnings. No sir, that wording of future talks is only a bad thing for us. I don't like it and won't support it.

Last edited by FDXFLYR; 01-29-2011 at 02:22 AM.