View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 AM
MEMFO4Ever
Bourgeoisie

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 787 SO

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
The doom and gloom spread here makes one want to go and hang out at a mortuary or a multi-car crash site with dozens of dead and mangled people, just to raise ones spirits. You guys all need to take a chill pill, a few deep breaths, and a 5 minute massage, and then wait for the actual TA, before you are ready to rise up in protest.

After all, Your elected officials, the ones that you guys elected (and should trust) will consider the Tentative Agreement at its meeting during the week of February 7th. Your MEC representatives will thoroughly review the document. And then if they decide to bring the TA forward for a vote, we all should have plenty of information to look at and beat around. Hopefully, this time, guys will actually RTFD (read the full document) and make up their own minds, based on the merits of the TA, and not based on the merits of the way said information is presented.

JJ
Trust, JJ? Really? After "it's the right thing to do"?

Some clichés come to mind...

"The devil is in the details"

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

"Once bitten, twice shy"

With that in mind, I am a much tougher consumer of whatever the union is 'selling' and will reserve judgement until I read the document. While past performance is certainly not the only indicator of future returns, I am forced to be a healthy skeptic.