Thread: ALPA Dues...???
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 04:34 AM
fecav8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by Bitme View Post
Ok, history lesson. The wife of one of our pilots (who by the way was involved with forming FPA to get rid of ALPA one) went to management about an e-mail "the Sacrifice" had written. She claimed "the Sacrifice" was psychologically unstable or some such verbage and our Flight management ordered a psych eval (based on HER word). He declined. His FAA doctor said he was fine and he basically told mgt to pack sand. ALPA told him to submit to the psych and he basically told them to pack sand also. To him it was the principle of the thing. He was fired. Lawsuits ensued and he eventually lost. He sued the pilot and his wife, not sure the outcome on that. Never got his job back. He was one of the few charging up the hill for years to get this property organized and he became sacrifice. Granted, by some of his own doing, but a whole lot NOT of his doing.
OK, I just wanted to make sure you were talking about Barney. Seems to me I remember this email threatended this guy and/or his family. Well, ou know what, he deserved to be directed for a Sec 8 check. He was a nut. And he picked a fight that he couldn't win. Plain and simple. At the time I was just a line slug and I remeber not having the least bit of concern for my job or my career here because of what took place. Tony, am I close....