Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

DAL 88 Driver , 02-02-2011 03:47 PM
At home on the maddog!
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2009
  • Position
    ATL MD-88A
Quote: FWIW, a thread on the regional forum mentions Republic announced some significant hiring and upgrades.
Exactly my point. It appears that the net effect of this is to increase RJ jobs and decrease mainline jobs.

I fully understand what is in the contract and that this is what we agreed to. I'm not so sure that a large percentage of our pilots fully realized what they were voting for. I can say that, personally, I never realized until now that this loophole existed where they can keep all the RJ's after parking mainline aircraft and not be over the limit. I guess I didn't pay that much attention to it because I already knew I was voting NO based on a lack of any significant progress towards restoration. But that's water under the bridge at this point.

What still concerns me is that we have an MEC Chairman who was our lead negotiator when this language was included in the JCBA, this same individual argued against a resolution who's main purpose was to shine a brighter light on scope, and as MEC Chairman so far he has demonstrated very little passion or even interest in scope.