Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
Problem is that if the mainline willfully sells 100 seat flying, these same pilot will knowingly be selling their own jobs. Not sure if I see that happening. Not even for money. Everyone that I have talked to understands that after the last decade of stagnation.
I both hope and think you are right on that. However it will require significant diligence because the carrot will be huge and the packaging very attractive. I think every pilot can put 2 and 2 together and realize that if the 100 seater is outsourced, there won't be any 101 seaters at mainline. Far from it. The traditional outsource seat gap will mean the A319 and 320 and 737, MD88/90 will be drastically reduced with mega furloughs and downgrades and subsequent pay cuts and across the board concessions for those remaining as the foundation for their pay and work rules wipe away any temporary cookie they would get as a result of what before could be labeled ignorance but can now only be called outright treachery. Even in another Chapter 11, there are no pensions to cut, which was the single biggest hammer the last time.

All eyes on CAL/UAL. Even if they fold and allow the 70's, if they still keep the 76's locked out and limit the 70's, DL and AA will be on very solid ground WRT scope. There is absolutely no contract I will sign off on with a single seat of scope relief not because I am righteous or uber moral, but rather because every penny of initial bribery management may offer to sell a given amount of scope will have to be paid back with mob loan levels of interest in direct proportion to what was sold, because the very act of selling scope sows the seeds of your own economic devastation. Its like selling both your kidneys for 100 grand, only to have to go out and pay cash for 20 grand worth of dialyses every year for the rest of your life. Pain and suffering included.