View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt

Originally Posted by Baron50 View Post
Lamb,

It's been awhile, but I see you have not changed.

So, a 22 year old ramp manager with six-months longevity, going to a skateboard contest, should ride ahead of an 38 year retired employee, who is now 80 years old, with arthritis, a PBGC pension, trying to get to Mayo clinic on a pass, because that is all that he can afford.

Your sensitivity is remarkable, life is really not about you. The other employees do not give a hoot about how age 60 affected you, get over it.

Your friend
Baron65, you say it isn't about me. That's fine, I haven't from day ONE at UAL felt retired employees should go ahead of active.

For your sob story about the PBGC, no other employee cares what you are doing to pay the bills in retirement just like you say they don't care about Age 65. If you didn't manage those millions of dollars in earnings over the years dont blame me. I or anyone else can not manage your finances for you. At some point in your life you may want to learn some personal responsibility.

UA was the only carrier that gave retirees higher ranking. It was a bad policy and hopefully it is getting fixed. Perhaps you can join ranks with Gallud, Glawe and Whiteford again to cobble together another lawsuit over this issue? You guys can perhaps cut a back room deal for more RJ's to try and get what you want, like you did in the past. Everyone knows you guys don't respect majority rule and I wouldn't expect you to start now.

When it comes down to the core issue. It is an active employee versus an insactive employee trying to get on a plane. Doesn't matter where or why they are traveling, the person currently working should go first. The retired person doesn't have a limited amount of days off or a set schedule like the active employee. For your jab at commuting that is a reach. What about the retired guys that travel back and forth between FL and hubs weekly to check on rental property? Isn't that business related?

L