View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
spank
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Former XJ, Corporate HS-125
Default Furloughee Integeration?

Hey gang,

I passed on Colgan and Pinnacle when the opportunity came up for a number of personal reasons. It looks as though things may be taking a turn though. With SLI seeming inevitable at this point has anyone heard any facts (or rumors, I'm not picky) about what those of us who were f'ed can expect?

I am in a fairly secure non-aviation job now, but have started to get the itch to atleast consider coming back if/when the opportunity arises. (I may be able to swing my current job part time if I do come back to aviation) I know there are tons of people on the street that would give their first born for a job right now; so the last thing I want to do is come across sounding like a self absorbed jerk.

My bottom line is this...I have been laid off twice now, and can not afford a third time. I have a steady income, and plenty of debt to pay off. I would not want to spend another year? on reserve if I could avoid it as well. When I look past all the negatives the airline lifestyle brings (scheduling, QOL, nights away from family), I really enjoyed my time at Mesaba (good crews, Austin overnights, incredible view from the office).

There it is...any thoughts?