View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 11:36 AM
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Originally Posted by CactusCrew View Post
This thread has more stink to it than my cats litter box after a 6+ day trip !!!

I don't really care how HotMama got to UPS ... you should be MORE concerned with getting YOURSELF to a major OR improving your careers at a regional.

This bitterness for one person will get you nowhere. One of these people that you annoy might be sitting across the table at your next interview ... wouldn't THAT be uncomfortable.

If she's 33 and made it to Brown ... good for her ... wish it was me. Maybe I'll be just a few years behind. SO WHAT !!!

When I got in this business in 1989, there were NO guarantees of making it anywhere. As a matter of fact, COMMUTER (AKA "regionals") jobs in DHC8s, 1900s, 99s, 360s, etc required 3000+ TT and approx 500 ME turbine ... now folks get into a shiny RJ with what - 1000 TT ? GOOD for them too !

Point is, enjoy what you have, set realistic goals about your career, and work like HELL to improve the conditions at YOUR airline ... its the ONLY thing you have a little bit of control of. And enjoy the ride ...

NEXT ...

Later, CC
VERY well said.