Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
BHopper88
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by f16jetmech View Post
Amen sir. I believe that down to my bones. Capitilism does work! It may suk initially, but it will take it's course eventually. Chrysler survived the great depression but not this recent recession. Why because there was less economic movement or less sales? Hell no! It's cause there are too many unions and awful management. I think pilot unions are silly as well. If you run the company right, people will work for you. If you don't, people will leave. Free market econemy!
So I guess you believe CORRUPTION in this awesome free market economy is just part of its greatness. Seriously you have NO IDEA what this industry is like as a CFI (from your profile). So why does SWA have a pilot union? I guess its just a waste of their time and money, because the company CARES and its all about being a "FAMILY". How about United/Continental? You may not agree with unions, but in the airline industry, and many FREE market economy companies, ITS ALL ABOUT PROFITS, not about how to treat its employees like a family. Labor at times needs some sort "protection", but the downside can be that the union rep gets TOO BIG, and can become part of the problem at the same time (ALPA). Yea I guess there is a thing about seniority at airlines, and pretty much LOCKS those that are senior to move to another airline to just start over when things start to get bad or hurts their QOL.