View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:10 AM
4A2B
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by 990Convair View Post
Anybody notice all the different colors (lots of blues and reds) in this section? By the looks of it, if you are in the MEC or designated as one of the MEC's "lucky 10", you get paid the HIGHEST OF THE SYSTEM WIDE AVERAGE PLUS CARRYOVER (gotta throw those 777 averages in), and you NEVER HAVE TO FLY. And what about that "vacation" section? "Unless the association elects to NOT have the vacation days deducted".

YGBSM? Am I reading this right?
Could not be farther from the truth, read it again, I did. No where does it say they WILL get paid that. I have asked about this and it was explained that the MEC sets pay for our Officers other full time people, yet the Company pays them the amount ALPA sets. It sounds like this section just puts an arbitrary, albeit very high "cap", on what the MEC can do with respect to full time pay.

If the MEC, for some weird reason, agreed top pay any of those full time people 300 CH per month, this section would not allow that and our membership structure might finally get involved with a local council meeting to offer a little *** action of our reps.

As for not flying, that looks like just the realities of full time jobs, some simply have too much going on to always stay current. I for one do not mind if those pilots, have the tools available to concentrate on the job we have elected or hired them to do.

Officer pay is good, actually pretty great. I would not touch it with a ten foot pole! Flying the line is much easier and actually can make more money with less hassle, without a doubt in my mind. Glad we have folks willing to do it.